We Run Societies

One Buliding 2 Registered Housing Societies

08 April 2017 Dilip Khambe , Mumbai

S.R.A.Building in Parel. Builder Registered 2 societies before redevelopment. Society having 200 members insist to the society having 100 members to merge with them. But 100 members society is not willing for the same. Kindly suggest way for how both the societies will work without cancellation of Registration?

Advice from society consultant

Add comment


Comments (2)

  1. Societyhive support
    07 July 2017

    Dear Dilip,

    Both the buildings can work individually. This will help you keep entire functioning separately.

  2. Dilip Khambe
    08 July 2017

    Sir, In my question there is one building or one wing( say Building "A" or Wing "A") which contains 300 Flats. This building/wing is constructed under SRA (Slum Redevelopment )scheme.Before redevelopment builder registered 2 housing societies as per chawl(say society B and C ) . One chawl having 100 members/hut(Society B ) and other chawl having 200 members/hut(Society C ).But developer not built separate building or wing for B and C Society. Now Members of B and C society took possession of Building/Wing having name A . Society ( C ) having 200 members forcing to the society ( B ) having 100 members to merge with them. But 100 members society ( B ) is not willing for the same they are agree to pay common maintenance to Society "C" and interested to keep all the records separate for convenience of their 100 members . Is it possible? Kindly suggest way.

  3. Disclaimer: We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate as of the date noted in the materials. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that this information is always up-to-date and correct. You should consult your lawyer or contact our legal advisers and get into greater detail before taking legal action.