We Run Societies

Penalty for wastage of water

06 March 2016 Sachin Mohite, Pune

Sir, if someone left his using water tap or any tap open erreneously. Then what type of action should be taken against the owner of that flat? plz suggest

Related to society member

Add comment


Comments (3)

  1. Societyhive support
    23 March 2016

    Dear Sachin,

    A fine can be imposed as decided by general body

    25 April 2016

    Hello sir,
    Please let me know if there is any max amount that can be charged as penalty? In our society they have decided to impose 5000 rs. Penalty is it appropriate?

  3. Bharat P. Mhapsekar
    09 March 2017

    Dear Sir, this happens every Holi festival in our complex of five towers, where where a voluntary cultural body 'WATAL' conducts rain dance from 9.00 a.m. to about 2.00 p.m., wasting any where above twelve to fifteen tanker water. That is nearly one lakh, fifty thousand is allowed go down the drain. Sir, this reckless wastage of precious water in the name of rain dance during Holi festival, is not only a State level waste, but it also a National waste of our precious natural resources. Sir, here I may suggest, where upon like last year, when we had scant rainfall, from this 'Holi' festival, as well as for all 'Holi' festival in the coming years, let there be a directive, in the form of a press release by the Comissioner of MCGM, Mumbai, notifying to all ward offices and to all the CHSs, to celebrate a water less or dry or rain less dance during the 'Holi' festival on the 13th February, 2017. Failing which the Commissioner should direct all its ward offices to impose a strict panelty of no less than Rs. 50,000/- for the offence of wasting water comitted, upon each CHSs in Mumbai. By issuance of the press release as above, you will too appreciate the deterant effect. Thanks and regards. Bharat P. Mhapsekar

  4. Disclaimer: We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate as of the date noted in the materials. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that this information is always up-to-date and correct. You should consult your lawyer or contact our legal advisers and get into greater detail before taking legal action.