We Run Societies

What should do ? If my bedroom's ceiling is almost and about to wreck

26 December 2017 Rohit Panchal, Mumbai, Maharashta

What should do ? If my bedroom ceiling is 80% wrecked about to wreck completely and everyday all the dust keep falling from the ceiling, as people live on upper floor keep walking which is common thing, and I can the see those steel or iron bars that are used for construct the ceiling and those bars have rusted as my society is almost 25 years old, and there are many big cracks too in my bedroom and other wall,
so my question is who must be responsible for covering and paying for that damage. Society ? or Builder or My self.
As we our 5 Years ago society took 21 Thousand for fixing all those damage from the previous owner of my house but some of the things we not done my society and they told those things will be covered after sometime and those things were not done, at that time committee was different and now new committee is there, so please suggest me a legal and proper thing to fix this thing.

Related to housing society bye-laws

Add comment


Comments (1)

  1. Societyhive support
    29 January 2018

    Dear Rohit,

    This is how you can move ahead, first send letter by registered post, if still there's no action from society, you can file a case against them.

  2. Disclaimer: We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate as of the date noted in the materials. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that this information is always up-to-date and correct. You should consult your lawyer or contact our legal advisers and get into greater detail before taking legal action.