67A. Directions of Registrar to the society to make regulations on certain matters
1[67A. Directions of Registrar to the society to make regulations on certain matters
(1) Where, in the course of, or as a result of audit under Section 81, or enquiry under Section 83, or inspections under Section 84 or Section 89A or supervision under Section 89A or visit or administrative inspection of any officer of the Co-operative Department or financial institution, or on the report of federal society or financial institution, or in any other way, or suo moto or otherwise, the Registrar is of the opinion that it is necessary, having regard to financial condition of the society or before after grant of Government financial assistance of any kind directly or indirectly, including Government guarantee or any other financial interest of Government accrue or likely to be accrued to regulate the manner of carrying on trade or business, the Registrar, after making such further enquiry if he deems necessary and after consulting the committee or any officer of the society and after examining the record of the society, shall;—
(i) direct the society to make regulations on.the items specified by him;
(ii) direct the society to make regulations in such manner as he specifies and forward the same to him within three months fom the date of such issue of directions to him, for approval.
(2) The society shall frame the regulations on items specified by the Registrar and also in the manner specified by him, if he has so directed while forwarding regulations and forward the same personally along with copy of resolution within a period of three months from the date of issue of such directives.
(3) On receipt of regulations, the Registrar or the District Deputy Registrar on examination may issue an order approving them or modify, eliminate, delete or add as he deems fit in the interest of the society. The regulations shall be effective from the date of issue of order of approval by the Registrar and the society shall carry on its business in accordance with such regulations from the date of order of approval of such regulations.
(4) If any society fails to submit regulations to the Registrar on any or all the items forwarded by the Registrar or in the manner directed by him, the Registrar shall make the regulations on the items and in the manner if directed by him under sub-section (I) of Section 79AA and issue an order directing the society to carry on its business in accordance with such resolutions from the date of issue of such order. It shall be obligatory on the society to carry on its business and trade in accordance with the regulations so issued.
1. Inserted by the G.N. 16-10-1987
(a) (the Committee or any officer of the society fails to attend the consultation, to produce record furnishing the information, attend for satisfying the doubts of Registrar or to carry out any other act or to comply with any of the provisions of sub-rules (I), (2) and (3);
(b) after issue of order in sub-rules (3) and (4) of this rule, if the society is negligent in observance or fails to comply with the regulations, it shall be construed as non-compliance of direction issued by the Registrar under sub- section (I) of Section 79, if it relates to clause (a) and non-compliance of directions issued by the Registrar under Section 79AA, if it relates to clause (b) and thereupon the provisions of Section 79 shall be applicable mutatis mutandis. If the committee or elected officer of the society is responsible for non- compliance of provisions of clauses (a) and (b) of this sub-rule,.it shall, in addition to non-compliance of directives under sub-section (I) of Section 79 and Section 79AA, also be construed as negligence in performance of duties imposed on it or upon him by the Act arid the rules made thereunder and willful disobedience of instructions issued by the Registrar as contemplated in sub- section (I) of Section 78.]