89A. POWER TO INSPECT WORKING OF SOCIETY
(1) It shall be competent for the Registrar to inspect or cause to be inspected the working of any society to ensure that
(a) the provisions of the Act, rules and bye-laws of the society are being properly followed by the society;
(b) the records and books of accounts are kept in proper forms;
(c) the business of the society is being run on sound business principles;
(d) the society is following the co-operative principles and the directives or direction given by the State Government in accordance which the provisions of this Act and the rules made there under:
Provided that, inspection of the societies specified under section 73G shall be undertaken by the registrar or by the officer or not below the rank of [Deputy Registrar] of Co-operative Societies authored by him in this behalf.
(2) For the purpose of supervision over the societies, the Registrar shall have the power—
(a) to inspect the records and books of the accounts of any society and for that purpose he shall have, at all times, access to all the records and books of accounts of the society; and
(b) to summon any officer or employee who has the custody of the records or book^ of accounts of the society to produce them before him.
(3) The State Government may levy supervision fees on any society or class of societies at such rates, as the State Government may, having regard to the area of operation, the nature of business and the objects of the society, by notification in the Official Gazette, fix from time to time.
(4) Every society liable to pay the fees levied under sub-section (3) shall pay such fees by such date and in such manner as the State Government may specify in the notification issued under sub-section (3).
(5) The State Government may, having regard to the financial position of any society or class of societies, by general or special order published in the Official Gazette, exempt such society or class of societies from payment of such fees for such period as may be specified in such order, or reduce or remit in whole or in part such fees.