30. TRANSFER OF INTEREST ON DEATH OF MEMBER
(1) On the death of a member of a society, the society shall transfer the share or interest of the deceased member to a person or persons nominated in interest on accordance with the rules or, if no person has been so nominated, to such person as may appear to the committee to be the heir or legal representative of the deceased member : Provided that, such nominee, hen or legal representative, as the case may be, is duly admitted as a member of the society : Provided further that, nothing in this sub-section or in section 22 shall prevent a minor or a person of unsound mind from acquiring by inheritance or otherwise, any share or interest or a deceased member in a society.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), any such nominee, heir or legal representative, as the case may be, may require the society to pay to him the value of the share or interest of the deceased member, ascertained in accordance with the rules.
(3) A society may pay all other moneys due to the deceased member from the society to such nominee, heir or legal representative, as the case may be.
(4) All transfers and payments duly made by a society in accordance with the provisions of this section, shall be valid and effectual against any demand made upon the society by any other person.