56A-8. Issue of ballot paper
(1) No ballot paper shall be issued to any voter before the hour fixed for the commencement of the poll.
(2) No ballot paper shall be issued to any voter after the hour for the closing of the polling, except to those voters, who are present at the polling station at the time of the closing of the poll. Such voters shall be allowed to record their votes even after the poll hours close.
(3) Every ballot paper shall before issue to a voter be—
(a) stamped with such distinguishing mark at the District Election Officer may direct; and
(b) signed in full on its back by the Presiding Officer.
(4) At the time of issuing a ballot paper to a voter, the Polling Officer shall record the serial number thereof against the entry relating to the voter in the copy of the list of voters set apart for the purpose.
(5) Save as provided in sub-rule (4) no person in the polling station shall note down the serial numbers of the ballot papers issued to particular voters.