64. Procedure for appointment, suspension, and removal of members of the committee and other officers, etc
(J) Notwithstanding anything contained in the by-laws of a society but subject to the provisions of Section 78, the Registrar may l[by an order stating the reasons therefor;—]
(a) remove the committee of a society and appoint a new committee in its place consisting of three or more members of the society to manage the affairs of the society; or
(b) remove the committee and appoint one or more administrators, who need not be members of the society, to manage the affairs of the society; or
(c) remove any member of the committee of a society and appoint in his place such other member as he may deem fit.
(2) Before making any order under sub-rule (I), the Registrar shall consult the federal society to which the society is affiliated and give an opportunity to the committee or the member concerned to show cause, within fifteen days from the date of issue of notice, why such an order shall not be made.
(3) The member appointed under clause (c) of sub-rule (J) shall hold office so long as the member in whose place he is appointed would have held office, if the vacancy had not occurred.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in the by-laws regarding holding any meeting of the society, the Registrar may, by special or general order specify the procedure for holding meetings of the Committee appointed by him under clause (a) of sub-rule (J).
(5) Immediately after the appointment of a new committee or an administrator or administrators under sub-rule (I), the committee in whose place such appointment is made and officers of the society shall give the new committee or the administrator or administrators, as the case may be, the of the property, documents and accounts of the society .
1. Subs, by G.N. of 8-11-1971.