We Run Societies

Can a Builder ask for Maintenance Charge in an under construction project.


Sir/Madam I am physically in possession of a flat in an under construction society. The project has been delayed and the builder has not given us possession on paper. We have already paid the club membership fees, dual meter charges and parking charges i.e. full payment has been made. But these amenities have not been completed. Now the builder is asking for maintenance charges. Is he right or wrong?

Society Maintenance Charges

Add comment


Comments (4)

  1. Societyhive support
    07 May 2015

    If no completion certificate is obtained by builder you can't occupy. You don't have possession so, no maintenance as building is under construction.

    You can send him a legal notice and approach consumer court if required after that.

  2. Dayanand Kamat
    20 October 2015

    possession is given by Builder but car parking as not allotted,lot of issues related to flats to be address by Builder.society is not formed.majority of Flats are Unsold.
    I have not paid one time maintenance yet. builder is forcing to pay.Please suggest.

  3. vishal lokhande
    12 June 2016

    Dear Sir.

    I have paid full charges of flat in new mumbai. Possession is not yet given. OC is recd in march. Builder says light and water supply is pending ..and he is also asking for maintenence charges for a year starting from march.
    I have not yet got the keys and possession of flat.. is it legal that builder is asking the maintenance charge

    31 January 2018

    I had booked flat in Kamothe in 2007 and received possession in 2014-2015 after delay of 6 to 7 yrs. I have already paid full payment to the builder. we have received the OC for the building and even he has given possession of the flat with possession letter. Now every now and then he is sending notice through his advocate for non payment of demanded amount which is is claiming without any meaning. We have already paid his the full amount what should we do for it.

  5. Disclaimer: We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate as of the date noted in the materials. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that this information is always up-to-date and correct. You should consult your lawyer or contact our legal advisers and get into greater detail before taking legal action.